CAL FIRE SRA Tree Mortality Grants
1. Approximately $1.6 million to assist homeowners with the removal of dead and dying trees that can strike the primary residence. A primary residence is defined as the structure that is habitable, and does not include detached garages, workshops, sheds, barns, or outbuildings. OES staff broke the county into 10 zones, each with $200,000 in funding for tree removal. This map shows the zones broken out and the preliminary project areas in each zone. You can use the zoom feature on the map for more detail.
Upcoming Private Property Projects:
- Ponderosa Hills
- Mi-Wuk Village
- Twain Harte/Tiffeni Dr.
- Ridgewood Dr.
- Curtis Creek Ranch/Draper Mine Rd.
- Crystal Falls
2. In addition to the $1.6 million for private property, $800,000 was dedicated to tree removal on County Service Area Roads and non-county maintained roads. 500 letters were sent out to homeowners in the following CSA areas with a Right of Entry permit requiring signature to move
forward with tree marking and felling.
Upcoming Non-County Maintained Road Projects:
- Columbia Vista
- Cedar Ridge -Kewin Mill Rd - Request for proposal release on 12/4/17
- Chapperal Heights Unit 2 - Trees have been marked and an RFP is in development.
- Comstock Ranch - Request for proposal release on 12/4/17
- Deer Park-Ferrari Rd. - Marking will begin December 2017
- Old Oak Ranch Rd. - Request for proposal release on 12/4/17
- Black Oak Estates
- Gina Ave.
- Manzanita Dr.
- Twain Harte Heights
- Yosemite Highlands
Future Non-County Maintained Rd. Projects:
- Mt. Elizabeth Rd.
- Michigan Dr./Superior Dr.
- Thunderbolt Dr.
- Lyons Dam Rd.
- Mt. Misery Rd.
- Mountain Boy Mine Rd.