The State Task Force has put together a Frequently Asked Questions document for homeowners looking to hire tree fellers.  The document can be accessed by following this link.

Q: Can I submit an Right of Entry Permit Online 

A: Yes. https://www.tuolumnecounty.ca.gov/1089/Online-ROE-Registration

Q: I have a lot of dead trees on my property. Who can I contact?

A: If you tree is near a power line, you can contact PG&E at 1-800-743-5000. If your tree is near a water system or flume, you can contact the water district which is applicable to your water supply. If a hazard tree is located within 300 feet of a structure or non-county maintained road, it may be eligible for removal under the County's program. 
Q: Can the County remove dead and dying trees from my property?

A: The County can remove dead and dying trees that are within striking distance of a County maintained road or County maintained structure. Some of these trees may be on private property, which is why the Right of Entry Permit is required to access your land. Signing the Right of Entry Permit does not guarantee that you will have trees marked and removed; however, we cannot enter the property if the Right of Entry Permit is not signed and returned.

Q: Can the County provide a timeline for work being done on my property?

A: No. Unfortunately, it is not feasible with the resources available to contact each individual homeowner before work is started on their property. The pace of work depends on many factors including terrain, weather, and technical skills needed to remove the tree; making it very difficult to estimate how long each project will take and when work will begin on a specific parcel. Once all the trees have been marked in a project area, a Request for Proposal will be developed and distributed to pre-qualified contracts for contract selection. Project start dates are available on the Tuolumne County Tree Mortality webpage under the Tree Removal Projects tab.

Q: What additional help is available to benefit homeowners not categorized above?

With the help of the CAL FIRE State Responsibility Area (SRA) Tree Mortality Grants, there is approximately $2.4 million available to assist homeowners with the removal of dead and dying trees that can strike a primary residence or non-county maintained roads. A primary residence is defined as the structure that is habitable, and does not include detached garages, workshops, sheds, barns, or outbuildings. 
Q: What do I need to do to receive assistance under the SRA funding?

A: Residents are encouraged to fill out a right-of-entry form (See answer to Question #1) authorizing the County to inspect, fell, and remove the tree under the Tree Mortality Program. This funding is only available until March 2019, and future projects will be dependent on additional funding sources.
Q: I have a dead tree that I am worried will fall before the County gets to my property. What should I do?

A: If a homeowner has a dead tree that he or she feels is an immediate threat, the homeowner should contact local tree falling contractors to remove the tree. However, this operation will not be reimbursable through the grants that the County has received.